We’re pleased to announce that we’re running three sessions during the first LocalGov Drupal Week.
The first two sessions we’ll be running focus on collaboration, while the third is a handy ‘how to’ guide for councils.
As a project director, Agile Collective member Maria Young will also contribute to the Open Digital Cooperative AGM and other LocalGov Drupal sessions.
We’re excited to be a part of the first LocalGov Drupal week, having worked on the project since the Alpha phase, contributing to the main CMS and microsites and helping run the project through our involvement on the board and core team.
LocalGov Drupal week will take place between Monday, 13th November and Friday, 17th November 2023.
In a week of virtual sessions, the LocalGov Drupal community will be sharing best practice, and experiences, all focusing on doing more with less.
So come and join us and the LGD community for some lively debate and practical advice.
You can register for the sessions on the LocalGov Drupal page on Luma.
How can we incubate a healthy, collaborative accessibility community in LocalGov Drupal?
Monday, 13 November - 16:00
Maria is hosting a panel of accessibility specialists from the open source, Drupal and LocalGov Drupal communities, discussing what we can do to support, champion and grow the accessibility community within LocalGov Drupal.
- What can we learn from other communities?
- How can we support more people to get involved?
- How can we skill more people up?
- How can we encourage collaboration and contribution?
The panel includes:
- Mike Gifford is a Senior Strategist at CivicActions and a thought leader on digital accessibility in the public sector. He is a Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA), a W3C Invited Expert and recognised authoring tool accessibility expert. Mike has spearheaded accessibility improvements in Drupal since 2008 and served as a Drupal Core Accessibility Maintainer in 2012.
- Nova Constable is the Digital Lead for content design and engagement at Luton Council. Since the government announced PSBAR legislation, she has been heavily focused on accessibility and has created training courses and guides to raise awareness about it in her council. She is planning to begin a Digital Accessibility Specialist Apprenticeship next year.
With more to be announced...
Contributing to LocalGov Drupal: where to start?
Wednesday, 15 November - 13:00
Do you want to get involved but don't know where to start? Come to this session led by Maria and find out how.
Introduction to content migration
Friday, 17 November - 12:00
Simon shares our experiences of large content migrations, including;
- How do you understand your content?
- What do you need to keep?
- What needs updating?
- How are you going to move it?
- What issues might you encounter?
Templates shared in the presentation can be found here.
We hope to see you there!